Monday, July 10, 2017

Hope for Joy

I was honored to be asked to write the forward for a children's book about the bead makers and their connection with Hope Institute of Uganda. 


           I saw their faces. I experienced their smiles. I remember their stories; that is why I keep selling Jinja Jewelry beads for Hope Institute of Uganda.  It’s been an honor to partner with Joy and Gideon Ngobi who have made it their mission to bring help and hope to people living in poverty in their homeland.

            I first met Joy at Sky Lodge Family Camp in Wisconsin.  Her joyful spirit and the beads she brought to sell captured my attention.  To think that such beauty could come from discarded paper was fascinating to me.  When I learned that Joy was selling the jewelry for women in Uganda so they could take care of their families and send their children to school, I was eager to help.

            I began selling Jinja Jewelry in 2010.  One month later I started a fair trade business in Greenville, IL called Roots-n-Streams (Gifts With Purpose).  Getting to know Joy and travelling with her to Uganda to meet the bead makers has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my life.  It’s been a delight to share pictures and stories with others when I go out to sell in a variety of locations and speak to groups of all ages.  Having this beautifully illustrated book, with a story that touches your heart, inspires me to keep making connections and sharing with others. As you read, may you be encouraged to consider how recycled paper and a simple sale can change a life.

Kim Brannon
Roots-n-Streams (Gifts With Purpose) Director
Greenville Free Methodist Church- Greenville, IL

      If you would like to order a copy for yourself or to give as a gift please text or call me
                     847-691-8005, or send me an e-mail. kim@roots-n-streams.com

         It is a sweet story filled with pictures that were taken by one of my teammates 
                                                    on my first trip to Uganda.




No comments:

Post a Comment